Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cooking Adventure

I want to see if I can keep writing even without travel. So I welcome any comments you have...the good, the bad, and the ugly. Here goes.........

Coming home from a fabulous island vacation, trying to get back in the swing of eating the healthy way. It is a challenge. Vacations are an orgy of eating and drinking all kinds of things that you wouldn't have at home. We ate healthy lots of the time, but some days....oh my!!!

Tonight I made something delicious for dinner.  I bought a boneless chicken breast and pounded it into oblivion. Well not quite oblivion, but pretty flat. I made it cry "Uncle!"   I seasoned it with my favorite seasoning...the Mediterranean seasoning from Just Simply Good stuff. They are a local company here in North Idaho and their spices are awesome. I buy the ones I like in the giant size and use it on everything.
http://www.justsimplygoodstuff.com

I spread a mixture of sundried tomatoes and Mediterranean Feta cheese and rolled it up and secured with toothpicks. Baked about a half hour at 350 degrees.

I've made this before and also added minced garlic to the feta mixture and fresh spinach. That tastes even better, but I used what I had. That would be fresh zuchinni that I roasted with the chicken.  It looks good and tastes even better. A great mixture of flavors that explode in your mouth.It's an easy dish to do, and will impress your friends if you have company. Looks like a food network dish.
Anyway...it's fun to try something new...so give this dish a try. You will love it.

And in the words of Julia Childs...  "Bon Appetite"

No comments:

Post a Comment